Hello Beautiful People,
I don’t keep any sort of tab about how many people read this blog. The numbers matter and they do not matter at all.
So: whoever you are, thank you for reading and coming through. There’s a lot of Internet out there and I am deeply and honestly honored you stopped over here.
I’m going to be taking a blogging break for a bit. I’m not sure for how long but something in my spirit/body/universal whispering is telling me to slow my roll a bit and really birth a new way of writing that isn’t as tied up into external validation. I talk a lot about this, but now it’s time for me to really walk my talk and listen.
As much as I want to override this voice and just continue to do, do, do; I have to stop and take stock. I know this pause will bring so much more for all.
So, as a see-ya-soon gift, I am leaving these 9 blog posts for you to re-read (or to read for the first time). May they digest in a way that brings some joy or understanding or peace in your life. I hope there’s something that works for you:
- The one where I talk about being allergic to the concept of self-love.
- The one about being a black woman with emotional eating issues.
- A Self-Love Playlist Step-by-Step Guide.
- The one about the best book I’ve ever read on trauma.
- The one where I realize that happiness is uncomfortable.
- 57 Awesome Quotes from Black Women On Loving Life.
- The one about following our hearts even when those closest to us are like, WTF?!
- The one about loving my body and being called Mutombo in high school.
- The one about why self-care is so damn hard.
I’ll be posting my “micro-blogs” on Instagram in the meantime but I fully intend to come back here. I like writing long things
Thanks again for reading and see you soon.